Thursday, June 17, 2010

Me and a Ring

The young bochur was making coffee.

Long night

Inspiring fabrengen,

The type that reaches his heart


An elderly man was making coffee to

He had met the man before

The old rabbi asked the young man where he was from

The young man answered

Arizona


“Ah I remember you.”

He said in a fairly heavy accent


Suddenly the elder Rabbi remembered

“My son goes to Arizona often,

To sell jewelry.”


Interesting


“Give me your family’s address,”

Hm?

He wrote down his address, name, number, and father’s name

He gave it to the elderly Rabbi


“So I can have him give you good deals if they need Jewlery”

Very nice


“Perhaps a ring for your kallah”

?


“How old are you?”

The young man told him


“Oh, you should be getting married!

And your birthday, in Cheshvan,

I’ll tell my son to give you a very good price since you’re in YG”

Not the first time he was told to get married


The young man, flattered, responded,

“Perhaps I should finish Smicha first?”


“Nonsense! You do that after. You get married next year. OK?

Time to daven.”


Hm

This man has been around longer than most.

A wedding ring

I'll have who to call when I need one

Can many bochurim say that?

2 comments: