Monday, May 9, 2011

The Woman who Raised Me

There was the man who raised me

And then there’s the woman raised me

I aint a momma’s boy

But

I love my mother

My mother

The smartest woman I know

The best friend I have

So pretty too

Why

It wasn’t just once

She was mistook as my sister!


My mother

Made me read old books

Because it’s good for my mind

That’s what my mother said

Made me help cook for Shobbos

To make a good husband outa me

That’s what my mother said


My mother

Used to read to me, wonderful books

Classic tales, I’ll never forget!

So little I was,

so snug on the couch

leaning on my mom.

And how nice she always smelled!

It’s that mommy smell, there is no other.

And the way she read, it was indeed no story

No no, it was brought to life

Every character

Every scene

Right there

in the very room!


My mother

Late nights she’d stay

To help me with things like science fairs.

Or even just explaining the way the world works

How to do this and why this is that

“These are thing you gotta know if you want to succeed!”

An A+ I’d get

Because my mom is smart

And made me too


And now I can write because she made me read

Now I can cook because she made me watch

Now I can learn because she made me think

Now I fear not the future because she gave me the tools

Now I can do anything

Because she can do anything

Now I might be a real man

Because she’s a real woman

3 comments: