Monday, November 30, 2009

When Possoms Attack from the Heavens

Sitting at the table for seder-chassidus by night (The LAST and LONGEST hour) I look up. To my great surprise I see an unwelcome creature walking along the top of the archways near the ceiling (the ceiling is about 20ft high. The place used to be a palace for the queen and the architecture has been preserved). A possum. I immediately point it out to the three at my table. seconds later others in the zal make the same observation and everything instantly falls into disarray. Everyone leaves their seats to marvel at this uncanny occurrence. The possum runs back and forth a bit and then does the unthinkable. It jumps! As it sails through the air to the zal below the bochurim plummet into a haze of panic and terror. The possum lands as the entire zal is transformed into a circus of bochurim chasing, running from, yelling, and standing up on the chairs in reaction to this menacing mammal. Myself and my good friend Adam Finck hardly budge. Adam sips his mint tea as I simply observe my fellow peers in mild amusement. The possum scurries past me and soon runs out an open door. I look left and right. Amongst all the bochurim in mid-run, on chairs, standing on tables, I realize Adam and I are the ONLY ones seated. Nerves of steal?
They will speak for years to come of the possum that soared around the zal- onto a guy's face and attacked him! (That IS how rumors are started)

2 comments:

  1. lol. that's cute. I like the chilled ones the most. don't let it faze you.

    and ya, soon the possum will hadridden in on a motercycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of kindergarten (and Zal) when a bee would ruin seder for everybody. It's amazing to see grown bearded men running around because of an innocent and scared animal, i would always use the chaos to my advantage, like skipping class, stealing attendance sheets and pushing people for funsies.

    Regards to Adam

    ReplyDelete