Monday, March 22, 2010

Interzman

We now enter that enchanting period of between-zmans; when the nonstop task of keeping the rigid schedule is lifted off your chest. It’s the opportunity to go out and actually see a bit of the country you’re going to be living in the next two years, freshen up on what’s been happening out there…

Iran has enriched uranium now?
Are we still discussing healthcare?
An earthquake?
Wait, who won the Super Bowl?

…and just take a productive breather before finishing the rest of the year. It’s got to be the healthiest thing we have. It feels so nice to have all my things in order (for now) and set up for the next zman. Ferheirts are finished, I’ve secured a paying job for Pesach and other things.
I got rid of the last of my worries just recently which was an annoying Chinese-exportation issue. They couldn’t export security cameras (or anything for that matter) for me unless I provided proof that I was who I said I was. All the while I have a guy in America who thinks his merchandise is on its way. So I had to quickly take pictures of my passport and whatnot and send it in. I am impressed with these Chinese dudes; their response time is uber fast, like one day fast. But, now the concierge apparently needs the phone # of the addressee for the export paperwork and in case there are issues. I didn’t have it and I couldn’t ask for it and say, “Hey, I haven’t shipped your item…” Well, I went out there, and after some trekking, I found the dude’s number. Now it’s going to be shipped and the whole episode is over and won’t happen again.

I’m gonna watch the Super Bowl.
I have it recorded on DVD.

2 comments:

  1. you miss so much by being away. the next two years, you say? good luck man.

    ReplyDelete