Monday, April 12, 2010

Shiur Beis: The Final Decision

Seder started Sunday morning.

Way too soon.


For whatever reason I was in a complete haze.

I could comprehend nothing.

I waited to be notified.

Do I move up to shiur beis?

Waiting.

Tic…tic…tic…

I went to sleep.

I was then awoken.

Rabbi Cohen wished to see us.


We came into his office. It was cold. I knew what this was about. I knew this was the decision. The whole day bochurim had been going in and out of R. Cohen’s office; who shall move up and who shall move down, who shall live and who shall die, who by sword and who by famine… and it was our turn to sit before him and be judged.

R. Cohen has the most intense manner of addressing you. He speaks quietly, slowly, putting emphasis on certain syllables, and with a deliberate and sophisticated language flavored by his English accent (imagine a subdued Jack Sparrow).


“come in. come in….have a seat…..so…..you expRESSED interest last zman in moving UP… to shiur beis…..and I have spOKEN to R. Leches about this….decision and we REviewed your test scores and they are…aBOVE average to say the leassst….. BUT… shiur beis is a much more difficult shiur and we spoke about whether... YOU would be able to HANDLE it….


Tic….tic….tic….tic…


…and we came to the decision


Tic…tic…tic…


…to gRANT you this…promotion




Yes!

1 comment: