Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Hopeless Play

I sit here Thursday night

I got really close to scraping the whole play


I had 2 weeks to thing of something

And make it


Over 50 parts (actors and extras)

I can make it work if I have 20 kids

I kept saying that I need kids

They’ll come they’ll come…

Around 6 showed up tonight


Almost every (imaginary) kid will play a few parts

I need to go through the script w/ them

So it’s not all a complete surprise

If there’s a rehearsal

There will only be one


It’s my own flippin fault

I made a play

But

I made a very good play

W/ a lot of elements

A lot of action

And requires a large cast

I saw the whole thing in my head

But

My expectations were too much to ask

I saw the whole thing done well

Shouldn’t have done that


It was made clear tonight

Things the way they are

The script is impossible

Even to cut a bunch of parts

Would just mean improbable


Two choices

Cut it and make a half-assed play

Not something I’d do

Or cancel it

Cuz if it won’t get done right

I won’t do it

But giving up is also something I wouldn’t do


So I chose neither

Tonight all the costumes are getting sewn

Tomorrow I’m browsing sound effects

And building a prison

and buying more guns


Then G-d will make it work

5 comments:

  1. The Dude Who Writes Stuff (Maron)April 29, 2010 at 1:19 AM

    Einstein asked me for sound effects. I can bring them sometime tonight probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will happen!!!! and be amazing!!! make sure someone takes a video of it i wanna see. you will go down in history as legand... wait for it... dairy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks for the complete faith in me Altie.

    ...'dairy'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be Legend... wait for it... look out if your lactose intolerent... Dairy!

    Legendairy -> Legendary

    glad to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete