Thursday, April 8, 2010

Warning: Wrecking Cars May Cause Insanity and Dry Mouth

What do you do!? What do you do!? What do you do!? Now I’m a capable person. I can pretty much handle any situation, but what the heck! I have never wrecked a car before!

Am I the one who’s supposed to take it to the shop? That would seem fair since I messed it up. How do I get it there if I don’t drive? So you get a quote. What if he’s not there? Do you leave it there? And when he comes and takes the details do you leave it there? What if he says he’ll give you a quote tomorrow, you leave it there right? Do you not? When you say you’ll pay, do you ask about the insurance? Is that rude? Does insurance cover it? Do I need to have insurance? Is it fair to ask about the insurance? It makes your premium go up right? So that wouldn’t be fair to them, right? Or is it?

My obligation is to get it fixed and I will, but I think I’m looking like a bumbling idiot right now. I’m doing my best I really am! So I took it to the shop, but I wasn’t supposed to leave it there! But I left it there! So I said I’d get it back tommorw And the guy said something like how he thinks it’d be $600!!!



…tomorrow…



I wake up.

Long night.

Accidentally slept in.

Voicemail.

“I must have the car back no later than ten,

my wife needs it.”

Ten

It’s 10:45



Rrrunnniiing. O dear G-d I just keep mucking this up. I need a driver to get there. Something’s really wrong with my leg. I have to limp. I’m run/limping like a wounded desperate WWII soldier in the middle of battle. It’s like those zombie or virus movies; there’s no one around. No one picks up their phone. What the hell is going on!? It slips my mind to call the fellow and say it’ll be late. Another stupid mistake. I find someone! A yank him with me. I yank someone else on the street, someone I barely know, but it must get done! I must be mad.

We get to the shop. I need the car! They worked on it. Really just needed some buffering. We’ll talk on Monday. Take the car, zoom out! Put down the sunroof of course. Aaaaand finally! I am so embarrassed.



…later…



Ugggggggggh. This car thing kills. I am so stupid. I look so stupid. I get a call. It’s the owner of the car. Ohhhhh. What did I doooooo…

I am told not to worry about it. He is satisfied with what I have already done. I don’t know if you’ve ever been run-over by a truck, but if some one were to suddenly lift a truck off you, you’d feel the same as me. Thank G-d Thank G-d Thank G-d. I was prepared to pay and do whatever I needed. I guess insurance will take care of the rest, and I already got the car buffered so it’s not even really noticeable at all. I believe he did me an enormous favor.


wheeeeeeeeeew

3 comments: