Monday, May 10, 2010

Been There Done That

Been there, done that

What a lucky thing to say


The mashpia pointed it out:

Kids who grew up knowing nothing but their frum homes

Are way more prone to go off the derech

Than someone who’s already been theeeere

Because it doesn’t exciiite theeeem chevraaaa


Reading this post made me think about it

There are those who, thank G-d, don’t know of all the shtus

And there are those who have been all through it

But in the end, who’s safer?


And no

I am not encouraging worldliness

Just an observation


It’s also another reason I love Lubavitch

I remember a proverb from my past

“Be in the world, not of the world”

Lubavitch is all about going out there, getting into the world

But changing the world.

Not like other Chassidim

Who are super sheltered

I mean look what happens in the end!


So I thank G-d for my past

And everyone who’s also ‘been there done that’ should do the same.

Less sheltered

No shock

No desire to rebel and be ‘cool’


Now am I saying I’m perfect?

That I don’t think girls are pretty?

Or movies are cool?

Or music is nice?

Or footy matches are fun?

Of course not

It’s just easier to navigate through it all

To relate to someone in the street

And just do what needs to be done


Hooray for ‘been there done that’

1 comment: