Thursday, May 27, 2010

Refrigerator Rules

The fridge

Yes you can store your own food in it

Sometimes people put in food so others can take

Like Shobbos leftovers or something

Or it’s leftover dinner/lunch and they forget it

Most times not


I eat a little breakfast

Typically leave during lunch

I’m usually looking for a quick bite when there is no food

Side for cereal and fruit

But what is considered taboo in the fridge?

So I made rules for you bochurim reading this

At least you’ll know if I ate your cheesecake

And why


  • Sealed with a name = no. If it’s marked with a name you can’t touch it, ever. Consider this your ultimate safeguard
  • Wrapped up in a bag. Also a no-no. make sure it’s tied
  • Good till Friday. The above if typically only good until Friday. That’s because we have a half day off and that’s when one will most likely eat their food if they haven’t already forgotten or disowned it. If it’s stored on Thursday or Friday, then it’s good until then the next Friday. Otherwise, consider it eaten.
  • Covered with a plate. Mmm, now you’re pushing it, but it’s good for three days. If your name is on it: three days if it’s yeshiva leftovers, seven days if it’s some other goody you might be prone to forget.
  • Uncovered. Gone by the next day.


My fellow bochurim

Keep to these rules and there will be no surprises


Following this I helped myself to some good cheesecake

I had a suspicion who the owner was

But

I recall a certain snitzel sandwich of mine which he ate

3 comments:

  1. Why don't you post this on the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errrrrr. Are you the baal HaRefrigerator?


    Otherwise Halacha is Halacha, no?

    ReplyDelete